Are you eligible for Smart and Skilled?
Smart and Skilled is a NSW government initiative aimed at helping other people in NSW to get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
In order to access this funding you will need to meet all of the requirements below:
- An Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand Citizen
- Aged 15 years or older
- Live or work in New South Wales
- Have left school
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all four questions, then you may be eligible to enrol in a government-subsidised course with 3Bridges Community. Click here for more information.
Types of courses you’re eligible for
Your eligibility for a government-subsidised Smart and Skilled course depends on your previous qualifications:
- If you haven’t completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, you’re entitled to enrol in a subsidised course up to Certificate III.
- You can enrol in subsidised training at Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma level, depending on the availability of funding for these courses. Having completed a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification does not affect eligibility.
How to enrol in a Smart and Skilled course
To enrol in a government-subsidised Smart and Skilled course, just follow these steps:
- Check whether you may be eligible for Smart and Skilled government-subsidised training by completing our Eligibility form.
- Our Education Team will contact you within 24 hours to discuss your eligibility and the courses available to you.
- If eligible, you will be required to complete an enrolment form which we will provide.
Unique student identifier (USI)
From 1 January 2015, everyone undertaking nationally-recognised vocational training in Australia needs a unique student identifier (USI). It enables you to access your training records and results. If you don’t have a USI, you will need to obtain one. Click here for more information . If you already have a USI then record it on your form. We must verify your USI before you can be issued with a qualification.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Qualifications are delivered by Nationally Registered Training Organisation, 3Bridges Community Pty Ltd, RTO 40156.